Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Drive backup problem

• Please log in to reply

aaaa44

aaaa44

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I use EaseUS Todo Backup Free 13.0 to set my Google Drive and external drive backups.

I have not had any problems with the backups to my external drive using EaseUS Todo Backup.  But the daily incremental backups to my Google Drive account stopped three months ago, and the full backups are not complete each month.  My Google Drive full backup on January 3rd-5th was seven 5Gb files, but my full backup February 7th was two 5Gb files.

In Todo Backup on the Backup Scheme window I have Backup method set to Incremental, Schedule Type set to Daily, Time set at 6:00 AM,  and the "Wake the computer to run this backup" and "Run missed backup at system startup if computer is shutdown" boxes checked.

I use WiFi to connect to the internet, so maybe the WiFi connection is inconsistent or too weak to complete the daily incremental backups.  I use a Google H2E extender.  My internet connection is consistent.  Occasionally my internet connection cuts off.  But my monthly backups to Google Drive always complete for the files Todo Backup attempts to copy, and the incremental backups to Google Drive completed consistently until a couple months ago.  When I try to force an incremental backup to Google Drive by clicking the "Backup" button, the backup procedure runs for a a very long time and eventually fails each time.  Thanks for any replies.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

Hi

I use WiFi to connect to the internet

Are you able to plug in a cable to test?

Are you out of space on google drive?

For testing do you have an external drive you can backup to? to try and eliminate either google or Todo

Cheers

Peterm

aaaa44

aaaa44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I don't have access to a landline internet connection, only WiFi.  My Google Drive storage space is always well below full capacity.  I use my external drive as a backup using Todo Backup, and the backups to my external drive are always successful. 

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

I don't have access to a landline internet connection, only WiFi.  

So you hot spot to your phone or another connection? No modem/router?

aaaa44

aaaa44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

The router is in my landlord's apartment, and my extender is in my apartment.  I don't have access to my landlord's router.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

I use my external drive as a backup using Todo Backup, and the backups to my external drive are always successful. 

Sounds like a wifi issue timing out. Do you get any error messages

aaaa44

aaaa44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

The are tons of error messages in Todo Backup which are multiples of these:"Local File Full Backup- 0x38BF600F", "Local File Full Backup-0x34F600F",  "Local File Full Backup-0x34DF600B", and "Local File Incremental Backup-0x2ED3A080"