Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

After SSD swap HP G60 Screen blank after Sleep

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

sl962

sl962

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

My HP G60-443cl screen will not wake up after sleep. Problem started after I installed an Team Group T253X1480G SSD. Everything else seems fine. Boots up in around 45 seconds or so. All windows 10 updates are current. Windows 10 Home Version 2004. OS Build 19041.928. I used Macrium Reflects tools to migrate to the ssd via an external docking station. Did a "Fresh Start" OS reinstall, checked drivers and still the issue persists. Win update and HP update say all drivers are up to date. Did not find anything in the bios that has to do with the HD/SSD, I found that odd. I feel like I've missed something obvious. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

Hi sl962

First thing is to update to the latest version of windows 10 2004 is an older version 2OH2 is the newest version.

Cheers

peterm

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

as a side note when you cloned did you use the alignment option ( should not be related to monitor but should be used)

sl962

sl962

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Don't recall using the  alignment option when cloning. If it was recommended by Macrium then I wound have used it, probably. I will get updated to 20H2 asap. Will post back tomorrow with results.

Thanks for the quick response. 

sl962

sl962

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Now at Win 10 Home version 20H2. Took most of the day it seems. Now doing the task of getting all the updates for 20H2. 

Problem persisted after initial 20H2 update. Will return when the last batch of updates finish.

Thanx for your patience...

sl962

sl962

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Windows says all updates complete. 2021/04 cumulative...  was last one. Problem is still happening. If I put to sleep with windows/power/sleep all works as expected, even if I close the lid after it goes to sleep. If I put it to sleep by closing the lid the machine wakes up when I open it but not the screen. At that point a hard restart is required.

Any help from here would be awesome.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

Lets see if hibernation is doing it

open the cmd prompt as admin

1. At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press Enter.

sl962

sl962

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Confirmed hibernate was off after executing above. Still no screen after putting to sleep by closing lid.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
  1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on System.
  3. Click on About. Check Windows 10 version 20H2
  4. Just to confirm.

Also in power plan under sleep turn off Allow hybrid sleep

It seems odd that it was after the drive change ?

If old drive is back in does it do the same thing?

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

How are you trying to wake 

another setting to check 

Control panel>Keyboard>hardware Tab>Properties>change settings>Power management Tab> allow this device to wake the computer