Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel UHD Graphics Driver for Windows 8.1 Pro

Best Answer phillpower2 , 02 July 2021 - 11:32 AM

Hello JoMalig, Is there a way to install the graphics driver, like manual installation or something like that?   I`m afraid that you cannot install something that does not exist... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

JoMalig

JoMalig

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Hello and good day,

7 months ago, I bought 3 units of Lenovo IdeaCentre A340-22IWL with pre-installed Windows 10 Home OS.

Intel Core i3-10110U CPU @ 2.10Ghz, 4GB Ram and 1TB HDD. 

All are for office use only. Particularly using only for Microsoft Office and Tally Solution.

All 3 are very slow. It takes about a minute or 2 just to open excel or ms word.

Booting time is about 5 minutes.

So I reformat these 3 and restore to its original state. They became fast for about a month.

Then after they became slow again. Again I reformatted these 3 computers and became fast for about

a month again. Then slow again. All drivers are updated and I scanned the computers for visuses and malwares.

I don't understand why its slow. Only apps installed are Microsoft office, Tally solution, Google Chrome, Acrobat reader,

Winrar, malwarebytes and bitdefender.

Im thinking these machines cannot take windows 10 home. So I reformated 1 computer and downgraded it to Windows 8.1 Pro.

Same apps I installed and 3 months now im using windows 8.1 and its fast. Its not slowing down.

The only problem is the graphics. Its showing "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" The official driver is only for Windows 10.

I checked also with intel graphics website but nothing is compatible with windows 8.1 OS.

Is there a way to install the graphics driver, like manual installation or something like that? 

I like using windows 10 but it slows down the computer. I dont want to upgrade my HDD to SSD and add more RAM just to speed it up.

Again, these are only for office use and not for gaming or something.

Thanks.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello JoMalig,

Is there a way to install the graphics driver, like manual installation or something like that? 

I`m afraid that you cannot install something that does not exist.

You have two options, stick with the generic Windows drivers and Windows 8.1 or get to the bottom of why the three machines are slowing down after a month or so.

JoMalig

JoMalig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

I see. Too bad for me. Sometimes im using Zoom and Teamviewer to get in touch with the other branches. That's where I noticed the difference. The video quality is not that good and its slow or lagging ( i dont know if that's the right term for that.)

Anyway, Thanks. I will stick with Windows 8 and have a slow video rather than everything is slow.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts

Fully understand as you need to do what works best for you.

Just a thought but being brand name computers is there any chance that Lenovo bloatware is getting reinstalled and causing the drop in performance.

You are welcome btw  :)