Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell laptop windows 10 super slow and leaving black squares on pics wh

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,096 posts

Hi, Pearl.

I think that you are putting a lot of effort for nothing. No reason to transfer documents from one program to another.

You can just open in LibreOffice or FreeOffice the program you want (for text, presentations or anything else) and then open any file you want.

Or, go to any of your files, right click and open it with the program you want.

I have FreeOffice installed. See the attachments below to see what I mean. I want to open a file in TextMaker (the alternative for Word)

Office1.jpg

Office2.jpg

So, just uninstall Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 and ZoomInfo Contact Contributor, and then attach for me fresh FRST logs.

Advertisements

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,096 posts

You can also do this, to change the way your documents open.

Right click on a Word document and choose Properties. Then Change, and (for my case) TextMaker.

From now on, all the Word documents will open with Text Maker.

Office3.jpg

Pearlcatdesign

Pearlcatdesign

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Dr. M,

I am sorry to be so dumb about this but I don't understand how I can uninstall windows 2007 with my files still being in and not lose them?

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,096 posts

Dr. M,

I am sorry to be so dumb about this but I don't understand how I can uninstall windows 2007 with my files still being in and not lose them?

When you uninstall Microsoft Office, your Office documents will remain in the computer. You will see them as white icons, until you change their properties as I told you in my previous post, so they can be opened with the alternative program (LibreOffice or FreeOffice).

Pearlcatdesign

Pearlcatdesign

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I know you need to close this topic, however I can't get to this until Sunday. I'm sorry, Pearl

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,096 posts

Hi, Pearl.

I won't close the topic. You can post back when you are ready.