Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor resolution cannot be adjusted to fit

Best Answer 6stringer , 06 January 2023 - 08:50 AM

Mods, you can close this thread if you'd like. I purchased a new Samsung curved monitor and all is great now. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

6stringer

6stringer

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

The other day I reset my Windows 10 machine. In doing so the monitor settings are now way off. No matter what resolution I choose, or how I adjust the resolution, the screen is either too wide, not wide enough, or too tall or not tall enough. I've made sure all drivers are updated to the latest available.

I'm using an older ORION 22" LED HDMI TV/Monitor, and my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

6stringer

6stringer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Yes, that is the recommended setting and the one I chose. However, when I set it at 1920x1080 both the top and the bottom are nearly hidden from view. I can barely see the Start button and search field, as well as the min/max controls on the top right corner. 

6stringer

6stringer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Unfortunately, no. I was hoping for a quick solution, as in what am I missing here, but since this monitor is now at least 6 years old I've ordered its replacement and it should be here Wednesday.

6stringer

6stringer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

No worries. I appreciate the suggestions. Have yourself a great holiday as well!

6stringer

6stringer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
✓  Best Answer

Mods, you can close this thread if you'd like. I purchased a new Samsung curved monitor and all is great now.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Tech related threads do not get closed but glad to hear you got sorted and thanks for letting us know.

Thread marked as solved on behalf of the OP.