Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

External hard drive inaccessable

- - - - -

Best Answer cward , 01 July 2023 - 01:36 PM

I was able to find a video to walk me through the security permissions and was able to fix the problem. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

cward

cward

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Hello, This site was a lot of help to me in the past so I thought of coming here for assistance. I have an old Maxtor One Touch external hard drive for storage and it has worked great for a long time. Starting yesterday when I go to File Explorer and click on it's F Drive I get an error message.

"Location is not available   F:\ is not accessible. Access is denied"

My MacAfee seemed to be able to scan the drive when I selected the drive, right clicked, and chose MacAfee to scan the drive. It seems to find the files to scan. See attachment

Any idea of how I can access the drive from my computer? Thanks for all you do.

Advertisements

cward

cward

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Hi, I think this is probably too advanced for me to try.

cward

cward

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
✓  Best Answer

I was able to find a video to walk me through the security permissions and was able to fix the problem. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!