Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I wanted to replace my existing small SSD with a larger one

- - - - -

Best Answer JEISEN , 23 July 2023 - 01:08 PM

Sorry for the late reply. But as in past posts for some reason I am not getting email notifications when a reply is left. I'm not sure what setting I'm missing. It shows that I am following. I am t... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

JEISEN

JEISEN

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

I purchased from Crucial. They did not understand what I was trying to do. They thought I wanted to add a second drive. They advised me to download the Acronis software. What I want to do is move everything from my original C drive to this new, larger Crucial one. Then I want to make the new, larger drive the new C drive. Is this at all possible for free or paid software?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts

It is possible but with caveats and being that you have told us zero about your computer or its hardware no one would know where to even begin.

Is the computer a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if a brand name, provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB and add on video card if one is used, providing these details will enable folk to better help you. 

JEISEN

JEISEN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
✓  Best Answer

Sorry for the late reply. But as in past posts for some reason I am not getting email notifications when a reply is left. I'm not sure what setting I'm missing. It shows that I am following. I am the OP. It should be by default-you make a post you should getting notifications. Why would you make a post and not want notifications? I don't have the time to log in every five minutes or so to see if someone replies.

Anyway thank you for the concern with this current issue. I re-read the instructions and it seemed a little more clear. It worked as it should. But I had to do my part. I thought it automatically would make the new larger drive the new C drive. Once the cloning was over I connected the larger drive as the only drive. So this can be marked as solved and closed. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,786 posts

No worries, glad you got it sorted and thanks for letting us know.

JEISEN

JEISEN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

No worries, glad you got it sorted and thanks for letting us know.

You're welcome! Oddly enough I got an email this time when you sent your above response! LOL-Until the next problem ;) thanks again!