Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Update

- - - - -

Best Answer mlansky , 13 August 2023 - 04:07 PM

Thank you for your feedback,. I was able to resolve this issue using the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Windows Update seems to be updating properly now as I was able to update the newest Windows U... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

mlansky

mlansky

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Hi,

I don't think my Windows Update 10 is updating properly. It hasn't updated any of the important updates since the end of June but when I check if there
are any new updates, it gives me that green check mark and says that I'm all up to date.

I found this on Google but haven't run it to completion yet:

"What do I do if my Windows Update is not working?
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool
In the Windows Start menu, click Settings (the gear icon).
Click Update & Security.
Click Troubleshoot in the left panel.
Click Additional troubleshooters.
Click Windows Update, then select Run the troubleshooter.
Restart your device"

I also found this on Google as well but haven't tried it yet:

"How do I reset corrupted Windows 10?
1. Run the SFC Scan to Repair Corrupt System Files
Enter "cmd" in the Windows search bar.
Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
Enter the command "SFC /scannow" and press Enter. ( Be sure to add a space between "SFC" and "/scannow")"

I was thinking of trying option #1 up above first but if anyone can help me or knows how I can find out if my Windows Update is updating correctly, I would
great appreciate any help.

Kind regards,
mlansky

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Hi,

Open Settings, search for about and open About Your PC, use the Copy button under the Windows specifications, paste the information on your reply.

mlansky

mlansky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
✓  Best Answer

Thank you for your feedback,. I was able to resolve this issue using the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Windows Update seems to be updating properly now as I was able to update the newest Windows Updates.

Kind regards,

mlansky