Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best way to encrypt before saving to cloud

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

scomar

scomar

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Hello,

I use Goodsync and boxcryptor together to sync my folders/files to the cloud. Some Folders/Files I want to encrypt before sending to the cloud. Currently I have goodsync sending nonsecured folder/files to the cloud. For folders/files I want encrypted I send to Boxcryptor, which acts a virtual drive then syncs with the cloud. Works perfectly.

The problem is Boxcryptor was sold and will no longer support their current software and my license will not be renewed. I have been trying out Axcrypt, but it is very slow and doesn't work nearly as well as Boxcryptor.

Any ideas on a replacement for the current process I am doing?

Thanks!

Advertisements

scomar

scomar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Thanks for the reply. Looking for something that encrypts faster than Axcrypt and will encrypt automatically whenever a new file is added to a folder. This way when using Goodsync it will automatically add the file and then be encrypted, then Goodsync syncs it to my cloud service. Ultimately, having a mobile app would be ideal so I can view encrypted files on my phone when needed.From what I could tell you have to manually encrypt all folder/files.

scomar

scomar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

So I have been working with Axcrypt, which when a file is dropped in to a "secured folder" as Axcrypt calls it. It will automatically encrypt it. My issue with this software is it take a long time to encrypt multiple files, whereas Boxcryptor was very fast.