Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

you cannot simply screenshot now on TV iplayers ?

• Please log in to reply

Julianozzz

Julianozzz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I was shocked yesterday when I simply went to print a screenshot on ITVX--a hub in the UK you can watch programs etc. For years I have been able to do a screenshot if I choose. But this time I just got a blacked out box. I contacted them and received this reply:

"I can explain this, we merged from ITV Hub to ITVX in December 2022 as as we have continued to roll out this year up to first birthday the app has continually updated.

We were due an update and one of the areas updated was copyright protection, this is to ensure we are within copyright protection which has removed the ability of a lot of older devices to copy what was being streamed.

I believe this has also affected the ability to screenshot footage, this would explain why the image that is copied is empty."

So what are they saying here, that older devices cannot but newer devices can? My system is Win 10. And apart from them and the BBC ipl;yer I can do a screenshot of anything that appears on screen as it should be. Is there any way around their absurd control freak rules. I mean what about years ago when you could tape programs on a cassete player. This type of control makes me sick, and if I could find a way around it I would hence me asking here.

Advertisements