Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot connect to a network drive

password network

• Please log in to reply

BerDov

BerDov

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Hello geeks,

Here is a puzzling problem.

There are two computers on a wired network, via a modem/router.

Both are Dells, one (desktop) with Win 10, one (laptop) with Win 11.

When first configuring this (new) laptop, I created login-credentials: email_laptop & password_laptop. As I understand it, this combination is stored at Microsoft because this was required by Microsoft during the initial configuration.

When trying to connect to \laptop\c\shared_folder\ I get an error message "The username or password is incorrect".

The easiest assumption is that a typo was made when creating it but every program requires typing it twice. Maybe it was not in this case, I do not remember now. Is there a way to recover "password_laptop"?

Many thanks!

Advertisements

BerDov

BerDov

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Thank you but I do not follow you. What is "account that is not a Microsoft account"?

Is it the same as the article titled "Create a local user or administrator account in Windows " at

https://support.micr...66-32915af2a34d ?

BerDov

BerDov

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Thank you!