Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VBS help

• Please log in to reply

Hutchy

Hutchy

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi all

This is probably quite obvious but I'm a bit of a newbie as far as scripts in vbs go, but what I'm trying to do is have a user run a script to backup their IE favourites and all their shortcuts on the desktop into a folder on our server. The script works to the extent that I can create a folder and copy the relevant files into it with specific filepaths pre-input, but when the thing goes out into the wild I will require the user to input their staff number (8 digit numeric) into a dialog box and then pass this back into the script so that the relevant files for that user get copied.

I think its through the use of inputbox but I can't grasp how to get the output from that back in as a variable..doh

Any pointers in the right direction gratefully received :tazz:

Advertisements

TwiztidNinja

TwiztidNinja

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
umm is vbs supposed to be vb6 if so look here at my outher post http://www.geekstogo...c_6-t37639.html

Hutchy

Hutchy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks TwiztidNinja missed your post when i was looking through before. Still haven't quite sussed it out but i'm in the right direction again.

Cheers :tazz:

Edited by Hutchy, 23 June 2005 - 01:29 PM.