Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Summer has arrived! June 21 Longest Day..

• Please log in to reply

Chachazz

Chachazz

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
Summer Solstice

In 2005, summer begins June 21, 2:46 A.M. EDT (06:46 UT) - Woo-Hoo!

Solstice comes from the Latin (sol, sun; sistit, stands). For several days before and after each solstice, the sun appears to stand still in the sky—that is, its noontime elevation does not seem to change.

In the Northern Hemisphere the longest day and shortest night of the year occur on this date, marking the beginning of summer.

http://www.infopleas...t/solstice.html

Advertisements

Juz Maself

Juz Maself

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Yes, today, the 21st of June is the longest day of the year and it is my sister's B'Day.

cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I did not know that!
Well im just glad its summer!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I just heard on the radio in Fairbanks they're playing baseball at 2am, without lights! In Barrow Alaska, it's 85 days from sun up, to sun down. :tazz:

I live pretty far North, and we have some daylight at 10PM this time of year, I was cutting the grass until almost that time last night. ;)

Unfortunatley, now the days start getting shorter. To me the worse part about winter is the short days. Enjoy the summer! ;)

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
I tell ya what,

I wish I was younger again... Since I rushed my younger days, thought I knew it all, could not wait to get older and move out, I have lost long days.

Anything to be young again :tazz: but NOT live with mother ;)

;)

jasper the rasper

jasper the rasper

• PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Unfortunatley, now the days start getting shorter. To me the worse part about winter is the short days. Enjoy the summer! :tazz:

View Post

Well I must be a bit odd because I prefer the short days of Winter, and long nights with my feet up in front of a log fire, and a nice malt to savour.