Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BTIEIN & other oddities

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Pepper

Pepper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Justin,

I know how to get the boxes to come and go from the HJT log, and I already took care of that right after causing it by deselecting it from starting up just to show that to you. That shouldn't be happening.

I cannot startup in normal. On restart it reverts to selective b/c of the squares listed that are not checked to start up. I have no clue what these squares are. Do you know?

Right, HJT is clean. We knew that from post one over a week ago. HOWEVER, the system is definitely not clean. Certainly not according to any programs I run that find things that can't be cleaned. Likewise, there's been no explanation for the other oddities.

:tazz:
Pepper

Advertisements

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Pepper,

Open the Downloaded Program Files folder (which you can find inside the Windows folder). Right-click and remove the entry named ‘MediaTicketsInstaller Control’ (MT variant) or ’ShellInstaller Control’ (BuddyLinks variant).

If you find ShellInstaller Control Follow these directions:
For the BuddyLinks variant you should also remove the ’viral marketing’ component to stop it sending Instant Messages in your name. Open the registry (click ‘Start’, choose ‘Run’, enter ‘regedit’) and select the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. On the right-hand-side, right-click and delete the entries named ‘PSD Tools Channel’ and ‘BLMessagingIntegration’.

Pepper

Pepper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
These items were not found in that folder. The Media Tickets was found in another folder, but un-deletable.

But you can stop posting now because it's clear you don't know what you're doing and haven't done a thing to get to the bottom of the problem.

Thanks anyway for trying.

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
i'm sorry you sound so discouraged over your issue. Jfcap is one of our best techs, if he can't figure out what is wrong with your system then very few if any one could.

due to the comments that you have made I have deemed it necessary to close this topic. as it states at the bottom of the forum,

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise. We make every attempt to ensure that the help and advice posted is accurate and will not cause harm to your computer. However, we do not guarantee that they are accurate and they are to be used at your own risk.

it appears that your best solution may be reformatting your Hard drive, as it appears that the issue at hand is not necessarily malware related.

Good Day

Edited by Efwis, 03 July 2005 - 01:31 PM.