Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Must-Have Apps For Your New PC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Cjack05

Cjack05

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks, I didn't have enough to do as it is. Now you have opened several new avenues of exploration for me; with my kind of luck I'll probably destroy the old puter, but one is never too old to learn.
Cjack05 (1924).

Advertisements

HQZ

HQZ

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

can u still download service pack 2 for xp pro if xp is pirated if yes tell me where

Actually yes it is possible check this out. [link removed] I've download it, installed it and run a virus check just in case and it works fine!

Edited by admin, 12 August 2005 - 06:09 PM.

fireguy551

fireguy551

• Pip
  • 2 posts

the bad thing about firefox is that it doesn't display pages correctly if the html/java or coding isn't 100%, and since there are a LOT of amateur site owners around the web, it's harder to view sites which have html coding problems that aren't visible when you view them in Netscape or internet explorer.  :tazz:

View Post

You can download an extension for Firefox that puts a button on your toolbar that allows you to view in IE

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Thanks Smokey!
Kick A** Topic!!

Baggyboy

Baggyboy

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

yremoved

View Post

I can't believe this guy is actually a geek-in-training! Would you let him loose on your HJT log?? I envision responses that involve formatting the HD and installing illegal everything. :tazz:

Oh well... I was brought up to think that if you dont have something good to say about a person then dont say anything.... With that in mind i'll STFU now :)

Edited by Efwis, 06 September 2005 - 07:42 AM.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Baggyboy, if you had checked it profile you would have seen that most of his post are in the malware form, I supose that he has got what he deserves for useing those programs.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Good Point Michael.
Geez I cant beleive he is saying this!?!?!?
RockyIV

geekygirl

geekygirl

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Good Point Michael.
Geez I cant beleive he is saying this!?!?!?
RockyIV

View Post

Some people's kids. :tazz:

I guess they subscribe to, "I will never get caught" theory.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
HA!HA!
RockyIV

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
just so you know, I have gone through and removed all references to receiving a pirated version of WinXP.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
And I have removed him from Geek U. He will not be able to become a staff member here.

ScHwErV :tazz:

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Best file archiver in my opinion: http://www.7-zip.org/

Totally free and covers almost all file extensions. Great software if you're annoyed by the Winrar register popup.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Microsoft Acrylic

It's still beta but it's Microsoft's attempt at digital image designs. It's not as powerful as Photoshop but it's somewhere near GIMP's level.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

9. GIMP for Windows: Why pirate Photoshop...

View Post

Can I please have a direct download link? I cant seem to find the download link!! :tazz:

Game Freak

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
That is not a good link, that web page dose not have the installer. http://gimp-win.sour...net/stable.html is where you can download it.