Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media Player Freezes

• Please log in to reply

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
good job ratmilk! are these gigabyte specific drivers or are they nvidia's?

Advertisements

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Gigabyte are really lazy, and they don't make drivers. They just have links to nVidia drivers... :tazz:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
nvidia driver archive:
http://www.nvidia.co...2k_archive.html

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Do you think this should be a sticky for a while??

wyndorf

wyndorf

• Pip
  • 7 posts
yeah... it's a crap thing. I had just bought that card cos my old ti4200 crashed (when i play a game it goes to desktop or the system reset himself). then i thought to buy this card (6200) and again it crashed :'(. here in spain the 6600 costs 200€ so i can't afford (well.. i have the money but i don't want to pay so much money) so i will change it for a 5500.
thanks for you all

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
woa, spain cost lots :tazz:

In Australia I paid $209 AUD for my 6600TD 256MB...

vitasoy

vitasoy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
man...battlefiend 2 is really bad with old drivers....battlefield 2 > watch videos

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
yeah, i have also noticed a lack of quality, but my card is more stable!!! w00tage. And i can watch videos :tazz:

Rob06

Rob06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Yea I guess i'll just live with it until there is some kind of fix, or I get a better card

flacco10

flacco10

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I was just having the same problem after I install the latest drivers from nVIDIA. I have a GeForge 6600GT 128 AGP video card. I finally fixed it by RE-INSTALLING THE LATEST AGP DRIVERS of my motherboard. after I installed, restarted my pc. opened up a video file and it works perfect.

Give that a shot and hopefully it'll work for you 2. Good Luck. :tazz:

Edited by flacco10, 18 July 2005 - 11:15 AM.

Advertisements

Rob06

Rob06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Wow, what a great idea, I updated my agp drivers also, and now it works, thanks for the help.

flacco10

flacco10

• Pip
  • 3 posts
No problem man ;) , Glad to hear it worked for you as well. :tazz:

Edited by flacco10, 18 July 2005 - 06:45 PM.

wyndorf

wyndorf

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hallelujah!!!

it worked for me too. I tried with 4.49 4in1 ASUS drivers. Now i can play videos.

flacco10

flacco10

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Cool, I'm glad I served of some help :tazz:

Fragalishus

Fragalishus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
cool. found this through google as i came across the exact problem after installing a 6600gt. funny thing is i had zero problems with it in my other machine. but i started getting random shut downs so i thought i'd throw the card in my back up machine and see what gives. was hoping it was the psu and sure enough it still shut down with my ti4400 in it.

but im thinking the card itself is what made the psu go bad.

main rig. p4 2.4, 1 gb ddr400 (xp sp2)
backup rig. amd 2600 xpm (2 ghz), 256mb ddr266 (xp sp1)

the amd has an abit-kv7 mobo, and the abit EQ thingymabob beeps like crazy when i run it now and the agp voltage is red and shows 2.0 volt.

ws using 77.30's that came with BF2 demo on both machines. but again, aside from the shut downs, everything ran fine on the p4. videos didnt freeze up and games ran fine. games run fine on the amd but videos freeze up, using +95+ cpu usage too.

gonna update the agp, even tho i think i already have the latest, and swap some power leads around inside the case. right now i think the vid card is sharing with something else, only one that would reach.