Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

Honeybee 1966

Honeybee 1966

• Pip
  • 1 posts
;) I am having a problem with an elitum elitebar. I am very :tazz: that I seem to can't rid of it. I have tried my spybot, spy doctor, ad-aware it would get rid of it and then it comes back. It even :help: disturbs my sims 2 it would shut me down right in the middle of my game. ;) once again

Honeybee1966

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
It seems that you don't have a firewall on your system, or do you? you can block the access of that bar.

If your firewall is good enough it should block any open unused ports, which shouldn't allow that bar to be installed again after you install it.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty, then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Murray

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
The elite toolbar is very nasty and common spyware aps like Spybot, Ad-aware, etc, cannot disable it because it runs from ram.

Go here and download the elite toolbar remover...
http://www.simplytec...wtopic.php?t=49

This remover must be run under Safe mode.

Also post to the forum with any question or problems and we'll help you there.

makai

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy makai:

If you wish to learn how to fight malware or give advice on getting rid of it, I would recommend you take advantage of the training provided HERE

Murray

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello Murray,

Sorry, I didn't realize I needed to be "trained" before replying. I do not wish to attend your geek college. Thanks anyways.

You guys do a great job here, but you really should investigate Giancarlo's ETRemover site ( http://www.simplytec...ewforum.php?f=2 ) to help people with elite toolbar infestations. Hehe... you might learn something yourself! As stated, the common spyware programs you list here... http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html won't do it.

makai