Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Blue Screen of Death STOP Codes

• Please log in to reply

robmentx

robmentx

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
k tried that well seee what happens now

if you have msn mines......

Advertisements

robmentx

robmentx

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
nope lol i went ahead and got the nvidea disc out and reinstalled my drivers, updated them and while updating i got the bsod with the same machine_check_exception error code as before lol now what

robmentx

robmentx

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
woo got it fixed i think, i ran my xp pro disc and it reinstalled everything, system started as normal like it should and all my stuff works again, had to get a cd key though :tazz:

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Great! Glad to hear you problem is fixed. By the way, I', assuming you were talking about a legally purchased CD and CD key right?

--Chris

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Closing this topic. Please post any questions regarding stop codes in the Windows XP forum. :tazz:

beautifulmarica

beautifulmarica

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i'm new here. anyway, my computer started giving me a message:

iedw.exe-Application Error

I don't remember everything but it was saying that there was a problem accessing the memory or something. it gave me an i/o error in "0xc000009c"?

what does that mean and can i fix it without losing my files saved to the hard drive?

it only does it when i go to the internet and it moves really slow anytime i'm not online. did i get a virus?

Disruptor4

Disruptor4

• Pip
  • 5 posts
What about...
0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0xbf8f48c6, 0xb908cafc, 0x00000000) ?? What's that mean?

Driss

Driss

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi everyone
i have blue screens a lot
i also have "corrupt file" when i extract compressed files "like .zip or .rar"
also receive corrupt file errors while installing softwares "exe"
when try the same softwares on other computers,they work fine,but i havecorrupt files on my computer,heeeelp,i don't know what's wrong.
ahh i also receive video glitches,even reading from a cd that works fine in another computer.
is it my hdd,or ram or processor or mother board?
help,i'm lost!!

gracedt

gracedt

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi I had this problem to, it was something to do with a program I received with my mp3 player. The problem was determine which program or device is causing it. I am sure that most of you know that but recently I found a great page where the error codes are listed and also give you step by step information of how to solve it.

Here is the page with the BSOD information

I hope it helps,

Grace

Kerpau!

Kerpau!

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Stop 0x00000077 or KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
I just worked through this error on my computer. I actually contacted Microsoft for assistance and they had a good suggestion that helped out. They directed me to rebuild the paging file. If the system has an additional HDD, move the paging file to it, run a chkdsk x: /f /r to correct any disk errors and then put the paging file back onto the C: drive. It completely stopped the errors on my system. I hope this helps someone else out too!

Advertisements

AG2

AG2

• Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for the list of blue screen errors....

Ginseng

Ginseng

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi. Thanks for posting a guide about the blue screens, but I am having an issue that isn't mentioned in your guide.

I recently purchased computer parts and built my own computer. It has been acting weird ever since it became operational. I would be using my computer then it will give me a blue screen for a split second, then it will restart my computer.

I can't identify what the error messages are because the blue screen literally flash for 0.5 of a second infront of my eyes then my PC reboots.

I have tried using a video camera to record down the blue screen message. But it was not very clear.... it starts with 0x000....and ends with an A. But the digitals in between doesn't match anything mentioned in your guide.

This problem is really annoying for me because I am an animation student and I spend a lot of hours working on the computer. The PC would blue screen on me every 30 mins - 1 hour. I would often loose 5-10 min of my work cuz I can't keep up by pushing "Save" every second.

I am not sure what is going on atm. It is a new system with brand name parts. Please can someone help me out. Much appreciated and thanks in advance.

System (optional): CPU: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
Motherboard: ASUS P5K
GFXcard: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
RAM: Corsair 2gig 800mhz
HD: Western Digital Raptor 150gig 10 000rpm

-Dan

*PS I have reset the bios to default and that doesn't help my situation either

Edited by Ginseng, 17 September 2007 - 11:59 PM.

biniyamen

biniyamen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Very nice list but i have a blue screen and the error is not listed here.

REGISTRY_ERROR

*** STOP: 0x00000051 (0x00000003, 0x00000001, 0x00003000, 0xE195E030)

I cant get to reformatting stage, when i go to the XP repair system thing, i dont get how to get past the part where you type in 1 but you cant press enter. pls help!

silentarts

silentarts

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
What about 0x000000B8?

I get this message often...

How to stop it?

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
hi, silentarts, welcome to geekstogo
if you know the bsod number then just add the word microsoft and then the number with it in the google search where is will give you the direct link to microsoft's answer like so:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888190

but the problem is often not the answer but understanding what microsoft means by its answer which is not always as easy to understand so cross referencing with another link often helps, for examaple

http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm