Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

We need a logo!

• Please log in to reply

The_KiD

The_KiD

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
hi guys,

I hope I am ok posting this here (if not Mr Moderator, then feel free to delete it).

Basically we holding competition over on Techmonkeys for people to design a logo for the site. The reason for this is because we are artistically challenged admins over there.

Anyways we are offering a 512Mb Creative MuVo to the winner and I just thought you may have some artistic geeks here who may be interested.

Anyways if you are feel free to head over to www.techmonkeys.co.uk and read more about it! (it's on the front page)

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
hi The_KiD,
Welcome to geeks to go,
I will pop over and see what you got going on over there, I still have to join that site anyway lol

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
animated or no?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ive got two...but they are a little big for here..i will try to fix

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
for the sake of argument I will point this out here after seeing it.

Competition Rules:

1. You must be a registered user of the Techmonkeys.co.uk site to enter, entries from guests will be discarded.
      2. Techmonkey admins are not allowed to enter the competition.
      3. The judges decision is final.
      4. You may post as many examples as you like, but only the entry you pm to the admins will be accepted as your submission.
      5. The image must be your own work, if the image is found to ripped from elsewhere then your entry is void.
      6. Entries submitted after the closing date will be disregarded.
      7. Attempts to sway the judges decision will not work, although we are a bit partial to chocolate fudge cake and if you were to send some then that would be cool!
      8. Entries must be submitted in one of the following formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG, PSD. Please do NOT send .bmp files.
      9. If no entry is deemed suitable then the competition will be extended for a further period of time.
      10. The successful entry will then become property of Techmonkeys.
      11. No cash alternative is offered.

The_KiD

The_KiD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Lo all, just to clarify, I updated the ruls to confirm that animated logo's are NOT accepted, this is because we need to use the logo on banners, buttons and maybe even flyers etc, so ti needs to be static.

1. You must be a registered user of the Techmonkeys.co.uk site to enter, entries from guests will be discarded.
2. Techmonkey admins are not allowed to enter the competition.
3. The judges decision is final.
4. You may post as many examples as you like, but only the entry you pm to the admins will be accepted as your submission.
5. The image must be your own work, if the image is found to ripped from elsewhere then your entry is void.
6. Entries submitted after the closing date will be disregarded.
7. Attempts to sway the judges decision will not work, although we are a bit partial to chocolate fudge cake and if you were to send some then that would be cool!
8. Entries must be submitted in one of the following formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG, PSD. Please do NOT send .bmp files. Also we can not accept animated logo's.
9. If no entry is deemed suitable then the competition will be extended for a further period of time.
10. The successful entry will then become property of Techmonkeys.
11. No cash alternative is offered.

I updated the rules accordingly!

good luck!

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Ah =) Well, forget it guys.
the monkey is in the basket. ;)
Why wait till august? Send me my price. ;)

What a cool initiative. I'm really curious who's going to come out on top.

Sayo :tazz:
Ojo

Guest_The_Tiddler_*

Guest_The_Tiddler_*
can anyone send me examples of ones they have done so i can see what im up against. I cant copy any ideas as i have already sent my entry through of which i am quite pleased with , and believe to be a competitve entry :tazz:

The_KiD

The_KiD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hehehehe, we have had some great entries so far and some not so great ones, but there is still plenty of time :tazz:

Feel free to submit yours, as I say this is open to anyone ;)

The_KiD

The_KiD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hey Dudes!!

Just under a week left on the competition, so any of you still working on your masterpieces please make sure they are in by the 15th.

http://www.techmonke...topic.php?t=788