Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

YPager log

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi chiquita77...

Unfortunately, I didn't have much luck on this end either. :tazz:

I talked with a DSL provider here and their tech said it sounded like you needed to open some ports, but he had no advice for me on how to do that for your provider. Yahoo was no help at all (Imagine that!) with the exception that they list the ports Messenger uses. (5050 - 5070)

Was your old version of Messenger working ok? You might want to move back to the older version just to get back up and going. This problem has me pretty perplexed and I'm determined to find the solution, but it could be a while before I do get to the bottom of it. Sure wish I knew more about DSL...I connect through wireless LAN.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but I'll be ever vigilant for the solution and post back here if I find it.

Anybody else got any thoughts on this problem? Feel free to jump in!!!

wannabe1

Advertisements

chiquita77

chiquita77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Thanks so much for all of your help. Thanks for taking the time to help me. If I get this fixed I will let you know how it went. Thank you again