Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Smitfraud! Probably need new HDD.

• Please log in to reply

Nochurch

Nochurch

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I've already ready some other topics on smitfraud, but my version seems to have gone a little bit further. When I boot and click on a windows profile, my personal preferences are loaded and that's as far it comes. It shows me the nice blue screen of smitfraud. No buttons, no explorer, nothing. Also the task manager does not seem to work. I've tried to boot in safe mode, but no matter how many times i push F8 it does not go into safe mode. Every now and then I get a bit further and it shows me the icons on the desktop, but then the system collapses and I cannot do anything else then turning off the computer.

I cannot run therefore programs like Hijack This.

I'm now on the brink of buying a new HDD and install an new version of Windows on this drive and install it as the master drive.

Later on I want to use my existing infected drive as slave and try to get my data back witohut getting infected again.

Do you have any other solution for me than buying a new HDD?
Will this solve my problem, or is my BIOS also infected?
Is there any other way to boot in SAFE mode than the F8 key?
When using the infected drive as slave, will my new windows version, automatically be infected?

Sorry for the many questions, but I'm getting a bit desparate.

Cheers
Maurice

Advertisements