Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

free hosting

• Please log in to reply

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
could you post the code ur using to play it?

Advertisements

dumbgirl

dumbgirl

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Here it is, thanx. Could it have to do with the version of the flash software I'm using - I'm using flash 6. I doubt it but if I could get help, that will be great. Thanx!

<div align="center">
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macr...rsion=6,0,29,0" width="800" height="600">
<param name="movie" value="1.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<embed src="1.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="800" height="600"></embed></object>
</div>

Ibatex

Ibatex

• Pip
  • 8 posts
It could be the code not calling the correct location of the swf file.

Look for these lines:

<param name="movie" value="1.swf">

and

<embed src="1.swf" quality="high" pluginspag....

Change wherever it says "1.swf" to the location of the file within your webspace.

dumbgirl

dumbgirl

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Yup, yup, yup! It worked!! :tazz: Thank you. U must've done this a lot. This is my first web site design. I forgot that I moved the index.html file from the folder in my webspace to the public folder. Hmm, I wonder why it wont come up in dreamweaver tho. Can't really be bothered at the mo. I'll use dreamweaver for everything and to view flash, i'll just go to frontpage so I can see it. I'll be back with more problems!! lol, na, just kidding. Hmm but maybe!!
Thanx again, Ibatex!!

Ibatex

Ibatex

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Anytime, happy to help.

Actually, I ran into this problem back when I built my first website. I don't really do much in flash nowadays though.

Not sure why it won't load in Dreamweaver, but then again, I don't use any of those editors. All my HTML is done by hand.

dumbgirl

dumbgirl

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I used to do all my HTML by hand (when I was forced in college) but I've gone lazy now. The only thing I do in HTML is my CSS or anything that you can't do using the editors. It's good though doing it by hand as you know everything that's on your page. I'll knock on your door anytime I need help. :tazz: