Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ALL I SEE IS "If you're seeing this page instead..

• Please log in to reply

koru999

koru999

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz: ;) :)

Hello,

I joined today because I need help. Starting this morning whenever I open IE (or any other IE type browsers) this is what I see instead of the page indicated in the address bar...

"If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web server software on this system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and replace this page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing this instead of the website you expected?
This page is here because the site administrator has changed the configuration of this web server. Please contact the person responsible for maintaining this server with questions. The Apache Software Foundation, which wrote the web server software this site administrator is using, has nothing to do with maintaining this site and cannot help resolve configuration issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Apache documentation has been included with this distribution.

You are free to use the image below on an Apache-powered web server. Thanks for using Apache!"

So far my Firefox browser is operating.

If anyone has any idea What the... is going on with the IE browser and knows how to fix this problem please help?????? :(

Thanks in advance for any help youcan offer in this matter. :(

Sincerely,

Diana Lee G.[B]

Edited by koru999, 27 July 2005 - 03:49 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Go to Control Panel>Internet Options and change your home page back to what you had before, Then go to the malware foru to find what changed it, if you beleive that some else didn't change it.

koru999

koru999

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello,

Thank you for trying to help, but according to the Tools/Options, etc. Google is still the home page. And according to the address bar I was on Google, but what is *showing* is the page I described. What is showing is that stuff about Apache Server...but supposedly I am on my normal homepage. No matter what page I go to all I see is that Apache page.

If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web server software on this system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and replace this page.

Seeing this instead of the website you expected?
This page is here because the site administrator has changed the configuration of this web server. Please contact the person responsible for maintaining this server with questions. The Apache Software Foundation, which wrote the web server software this site administrator is using, has nothing to do with maintaining this site and cannot help resolve configuration issues.

The Apache documentation has been included with this distribution.

You are free to use the image below on an Apache-powered web server. Thanks for using Apache!

That's all the browser shows.
But thank you for wanting to help. :tazz:

Diana Lee G.

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi koru999 and welcome to GeeksToGo!

If you are having malware issues, please got to the following site and follow all the instructions carefully.

You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

this will help you clean up to 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Thanks,

:tazz:

Excal

koru999

koru999

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello Excal,

I already did that before I ever posted in here. I downloaded the various suggested programs, one of them I couldn't use because it requires Windows 2000. I tried the rest of them. I did get rid of over 500 megabites in my Temporary Internet Files folder, which was nice but did nothing to solve my problem. None of the other new programs detected anything. I already use Ad Aware. Spywareblaster just keeps new stuff from being installed. No help with what ever is already on my PC causing the trouble. I had Avast Anti-Virus already installed, but the "Scan at Boot up" function has some how been disabled.

Any other suggestions or ideas as to What the... is going on with the IE browser would be appreciated since along with the IE problem I mentioned, when I attempt to access my Homestead account with my Firefox browser a necessary plug-in now fails to download. Since I cannot access the internet w/IE I cannot reinstall IE. The download process requires it be connected to the internet and it uses IE thingies to access the internet and I cannot access the internet with any program that's like an IE program. See?

But thank you for trying to help me. I totally appreciate your efforts. :tazz: