Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pccillin, blue screen error

• Please log in to reply

spiffy25

spiffy25

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Problem Description : I removed Norton Anti-Virus and install PC-cillin Internet Security 2005 but on rebooting (to activate PC-cillin) my computer crashes (BSOD) whether I have logged on or not. The only way I can keep it from crashing is to return to last known sucessful configuation. I have 2 errors and I don't know if they are related or separate. 1) Microsoft's crash analysis: "STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)" and 2) "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: SYMTDI". I have
Windows XP Service Pk 2 installed. I don't do games but I do have a DVD burner and movie making software installed, WinTV, realplayer and windows media player (Ver 9) installed. Exact Error Message : The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: SYMTDI -followed by - STOP 0x000000EA
THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)" - then - the Blue Screen of
Death.

is this error related to my previous Norton Antivirus? if so, how can i totally removed Norton from my system so i can install my new Pc cillin software.

Please help.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, if you can download the norton removal tool (see pinned topics in this forum) reboot the system into safe mode and run that tool so clean off the leftovers from norton.

you can also check this microsoft support article:
http://support.micro...b;EN-US;q293078

spiffy25

spiffy25

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks starjax, lemme try it. :tazz: