Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

explorer 6.0 trojan horse error msg prevent fix [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

nygardlaforest

nygardlaforest

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Computer illiterate friends 30 miles away have problem. explorer must close error messages occur frequently. cannot download any of your hijack this or scan me suggestions. made them purchase norton, but error message prevents loading. error log contains explorer.exe app ver 6200 some other numbers mod unknown. can't get detailed notes from infected computer as error message followed by what looks like a log off or a restart knocks me out too quickly. Can I install Norton in safe mode without the error message knocking me off.

Would be very grateful for anyhelp-I'm the most computer literate member and you can see by my post that that's not saying much.

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Welcome to GTG.

You sure it's a trojan horse causing this? If so, then yes try installing it in Safe Mode since you bought Norton. If you can, install and run those antispyware programs we mention to run in the sticky topic also.

nygardlaforest

nygardlaforest

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm an old lady and don't understand your jargon. Does the sticky think look like this:
Posted by: ditto Aug 10 2004, 02:44 PM
If it's your first time here, welcome to Geeks to Go! You must http://www.geekstogo...m/register.html and be logged in to access the download links provided below.

Malware (Spyware, Adware, Trojans, Viruses) are every increasing in their frequency, and ability to disguise themselves. This forum is a resource for removal of these unwanted pests. Following is a guide that will help you to remove many of the most common problems, and allow us to help you most efficiently. It may look daunting, but shouldn't take long to complete...

If so, I did print it to take on my next trip out to look at their sick computer.
Much Thanks

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
No problem, we'll be glad to walk you through this step by step if needed.

No, that's not it. Click here. That's the one. Just follow the steps outlined there. If there is anything you don't understand, feel free to ask me here.

When ready, post the HijackThis log.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.