Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video card costing 400Euro - am I being screwed?

• Please log in to reply

sold5

sold5

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have just been quoted 400 euro to replace the video card on my laptop, the card is a nVidia GeForce Go 64mb.

The screen is coming up with vertical lines about 3mm apart.

Also, about the same time all my internet and email connections disappeared and the laptop wont let me set up any new isdn connections as it has that option greyed out as being unavailable.

Ive scanned using avg antivirus, spyware doctor, cw shredder and hijack this but nothing found.

Original problem was the laptop crashing (blue screen) when very busy. This i have put down to overheating and have vacuumed the vents and propped the laptop up on a book either side.

For the spec, the laptop is running extremely slow also.

Any ideas? especially as to how much the new card should be to buy and install.

Thanks a lot for any help!!!!!

Steve.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Have you gotten quotes from somewhere else thats the best way to tell, different area get different prices.