Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

KM400-M2 won't see SATA in BIOS and load 2kPro

• Please log in to reply

blaquebx

blaquebx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
already feel like a newb again; desire only to achieve results
have read some FAQs and posts for feel and content under these keywords:
MOBO ECS KM400-M2 k7fsb333
Sempron 2200 in socket462
512MB 333
2x SATA Seagate 160 (to be configured in RAID1) can tab to raid configuration.

Trying to install 2KPro; I am attempting to just install windows with drivers on just a single SATA drive and worrying about driver transition to SATA RAID driver and conversion to RAID after (If this is wrong say so).
Boot sequence is Floppy CD HDD-0 Other (BIOS has not successfully been updated)
Current step sequence is 4 floppy 2k install, f6 to install SATA driver and RAID driver, then mobo drivers, Nvidia drivers. (I am pretty tired, sleep depped, and frustrated)
Limited floppies (down to 6)
the SATA is still not being recognized by windows and the first drive has already been formatted with Seagate utilities to the 137MB limit for removing ID10T issues (seemed easier) the second drive has been left raw for the eventual mirror.

--Don't know much of anything, but have an opinion on everything.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. SATA seems to be an achievable, though frustrating, build option based on the number of posts I see on it. I found this tutorial some time back, it has helped others. Perhaps you will find an answer there.

Here is a good link for information on SATA, a tutorial
http://www.omnicast....build/SATA.html

You can see what a fellow SATA/RAID had to say about the frustration here
http://www.geekstogo...all-t50896.html

He got it done though!