Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

• Please log in to reply

akjackson

akjackson

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was able to fix the same problem by uninstalling the google toolbar. According to Google, the toolbar is self updating, so you should always have the latest version or close to it. I think google introduced a problem when self-updating. It looks like the problem is resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the toolbar.

Advertisements

pll8on

pll8on

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I also woke up yesterday and could not access IE6 from my desktop. I navigated into Windows Explorer and double-clicked on the Internet Explorer (original) IE with no Google toolbar. I accessed explorer this way and then started my google search for an answer to this runtime library error.

Following your advice to remove the google toolbar, everything worked fine. I don't know the version, but I have had it on this computer for maybe two years.

I did download the latest google toolbar with no ill-effects to this point. Thanks to Geekstogo for this forum.

Gayle Horne

Gayle Horne

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This has been a very frustrating week -- thanks to you things are now better.
I also got the runtime error when trying to open internet explorer the same way I have for years. I uninstalled the Google toolbar and I'm again on the net. Thank you for your help -- this site was so helpful. Who would have thought that by googling the message I would get such great help?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I think the Google toolbar problem deserves a sticky post.

JJCarlson

JJCarlson

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Please help. I am having this same problem. I don't have Google Toolbar installed however. I have had Yahoo! toolbar installed for a few weeks and until this morning, no problems. Today, whenever I try to open IE, I receive the error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more info.

It also was telling me that my virtual memory was too low and IE was going to attempt to make it larger, but I went in and manually increased the virtual memory and that went away.

Also, I attempted a system restore and it did not solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
THanks.

SoBe

SoBe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I also have had this problem since this past Sunday and not being a techie I was baffled. I consulted with the computer technicians who work on my office computers to no avail. I even sent a message to Microsoft in desperation who told me to consult my computer manufacturer.

As a last resort, my computer technician told me to put the error message in Google and see what shows up. I followed a link to here and was surprised at the suggestion to remove the Google toolbar. I tried it and it WORKED!!!

Thanks to all who suggested and/or responded with this solution. I am a happy guy again.

JJCarlson

JJCarlson

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Unfortunately it was not resolved for me by uninstalling Yahoo toolbar. So, now I am a Firefox user.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
JJCarlson,
Download and install BHODeamon.

Now inside BHODeamon, disbale all the BHOs; check if IE opens.
If it does, run; then enable each BHO one-by-one and start IE, to find the culprit BHO.

stekmer

stekmer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you SO MUCH - problem solved.

Uninstalling Google Toolbar worked instantly (no restart) and so far the newest version of the toolbar is not causing any problems.

So much time spent looking for answers, doing a system restore (worked for one start up of Internet Explorer and then nothing), disabling Zone Alarm, virus scanning, Adaware updates etc, etc, etc.

Thanks again - GREAT forum

Stekmer
:tazz:

hefster101

hefster101

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,

Yet again this fix worked for me too. Unistalling the Google Toolbar worked.

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!

:tazz:

Advertisements

khdaintith

khdaintith

• Pip
  • 1 posts
We were having this problem with 1 screen only, and your google toolbar suggestion worked...after trying several other so called solutions.

Thanks for your help. I'll be recommending your site.
Kathy

mimi.sparrow

mimi.sparrow

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am having same problem (Microsoft Visual C+= Runtime library, Runtime error.
C:\ProgramFiles\IE\iexplore.exe
Runtime terminated in an unusual way).

I can't get online so I can't download BHODaemon.
I don't have the Google toolbar.

Any suggestions?

stekmer

stekmer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I am having same problem (Microsoft Visual C+= Runtime library, Runtime error.
C:\ProgramFiles\IE\iexplore.exe
Runtime terminated in an unusual way).

I can't get online so I can't download BHODaemon.
I don't have the Google toolbar.

Any suggestions?

View Post

You could try getting hold of an alternative browser - like Firefox - from a magazine CD or ask a friend to download it and put it on CD for you.

This should allow you (if your internet connection is working OK) to download BHO Demon and try to sort the problem from there.

Hope this helps

mimi.sparrow

mimi.sparrow

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Problem fixed!

I read somewhere in the thread that I should go into Control Panel, Internet Options, Advanced, and un-check the box for Enable 3rd Party Browser Extensions. I did that and then I re-booted, and it worked!

Thanks to whoever posted that suggestion!

Popkrum

Popkrum

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Darth Ash

I just purchased a Dell Dimension and I encounter the Microsoft Visual C ++Runtime Library Error. I have 2 user screeens (mine & my wife's). I can use IE on my screen but if I switch screens to my wife's screen with IE still open on my screen and I try to open IE on her screen, I get the dreaded error. I have read on this site the possible solution about removing the Google tool bar but I could not find it in the ADD & Remove section of the Control Panel. I don't know if I have it. Could you please tell me how to check to see if I have the Google tool bar and how to remove it, if I do. If it turns out that I don't have it, are ther any other possible fixes for this problem.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!