Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shared Folder

• Please log in to reply

philstone

philstone

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I have two computers networked using a router and i have a shared folder set up so i can send files in between computers. I am replacing one of the computers and i need to know how to set up a new shared folder

Edited by philstone, 15 August 2005 - 08:08 AM.

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
this setp by stpe may helpm,

How to enable windows sharingHow to enable Windows sharing. One of the reasons to create a workgroup or domain network is for all ... Sharing Printers and Files over a private network ...
http://www.howtonetw...blesharing0.htm

philstone

philstone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
i tried following those steps but now i just have a folder called shareddocs on each computer and they aren't related. On one computer i can see in my network places each folder by i can't access the one on my other computer. On my other comp my network places is empty. please help

HalfGeek

HalfGeek

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Sounds like XP Pro.
Try running the 'Network Setup Wizard'. Basically, I'm thinking the new PC has not "joined" the network.

philstone

philstone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
i've run the network setup wizard multiple times on both comps. Is there anyway to search for the new folder? MAybe the problem is i don't know how to find it