Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Occasionaly does not POST

• Please log in to reply

WhatThe

WhatThe

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Hello everyone

The problem I am experiencing is that every now and again (say every few weeks) I have to reseat my video card or RAM to get this PC to POST. Once this is done everything is fine and the PC will work perfectly until it happens again.

I have also seen a no POST which I have corrected by reseating the video card or RAM (or both), on machines which have never had a problem since (say 18 months).

sometimes it is necessary to seat new RAM or video and then POST before replacing the parts that belong in the machine, which will then POST and work fine.

I usually pull the battery to reset the CMOS before reseating RAM and Graphics.

On Some accasions I have run Tuff test and Burn in test on these machines after this has occured and they pass all tests.

I would love to know what causes the no POST in the first place and why reseating or seating different RAM or Graphics will fix it.

Any Ideas? :tazz:

Thanks

Advertisements

WhatThe

WhatThe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Asking for comments, anything?