Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply

mpy

mpy

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I have a big problem with my computer now... Let me start off by saying that I have windows xp home edition ..

Ok so.. I scanned my computer and found a virus but the scanner wouldn't heal it.. So I deleted it.. Then explorer.exe stuffed up.. Then I booted my comp with my windows xp cd and tried to repair the whole windows.. But then after repairing it every time I tried to go into windows a message came up saying:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFA2C3640, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

... So I booted my computer again with the cd and installed another windows xp OS... "C:\WINDOWS2".. And that's how I am on now.. Oh and I can still access my original files on my drive but I can't open most of them.. like word documents and real one player movies.. But I know I have microsoft word and real one.. Also the sound doesn't work and the monitor is kinda weird..

I've been to the malware section and have been cleaned of all infections. :tazz:

Advertisements

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Please dont post the same topic so many times! This is like the fourth topic that is similar, I dont have the right to close the topic, but please wait and stick to one topic! that way you will get MORE help!
Thank You

Edited by RockyIV, 20 August 2005 - 10:31 PM.

mpy

mpy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
should this go in the hardware or windows xp section??

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
I can see you have got help in the other topic in Windows XP, use that! Dont use this!
Thank You
Regards RockyIV

Stasiek

Stasiek

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
if you already reinstalled windows you will need to reinstall all other programs.

sorry but that's just the way it is :tazz: otherwise windows will not recognize

mpy

mpy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
yeah, but the drivers are faulty on the 2nd installation.. It said there would be problems if I installed 2 OS's..

Stasiek

Stasiek

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
i can only assume as you have not provided me with all the steps you took.

so what you are saying is that you have installed the os on another hard drive?
you should use this opertunity to back up all personal data, and delete/format the primary hd that will have the os and reinstall it

mpy

mpy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
No, I installed another OS on the same drive.. The first one is in "C:\WINDOWS" and the second in "C:\WINDOWS2".

Stasiek

Stasiek

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
ok, now i understand why the problem,

you will need to format the HD so that you can do a clean reinstall of windows but make sure the personal files are backed up first

mpy

mpy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
you know why the drivers aren't working?? can you plz tell me? and can you also tell me how to format, even though I think I know how..

Thanks, best wishes,
Mat

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
to format get your original windows xp cd then but it in whilst rebooting then choose the full format then follow the rest of the instruction !