Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyware for Macs

• Please log in to reply

cjk

cjk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just picked up a Mac and was wondering what is the best Spyware blocker for Macs? Any freeware available for a poor college student?

Advertisements

NullWolf

NullWolf

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Thats a good question...
I've never had spyware showup on my MAC, so I never bothered to get any blockers for it...

I'm gonna have to do some Googling...

EDIT:
http://macscan.securemac.com/

Check this place. I think its in BETA.
But they have it for both Mac OS and Mac OS X

Macslash Article:
http://macslash.org/...4/01/31/1143252

Some of the posters have links to spyware related Mac Stuff.

Edited by NullWolf, 23 August 2005 - 09:27 AM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Spyware is a non-issue on Macs. :tazz:

aldaros23

aldaros23

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
exactly, hackers/spyware writers dont bother writing pop-up ads and spyware for mac coding b.c there's no point. they'd rather infect the PC population... the massive population

yay for mac users!

geekygirl

geekygirl

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
As a user of both PC and Mac I find spending all my time over in the Malware forum has just increased my love of my Mac. That said, I still find it hard to let go of my PC. I just can't help the need to incessantly tinker with a computer. With the Mac there are no real "tools" to run, there is not any real need to worry about spyware, to put it simply, I get bored with all the extra time not fixing a computer. *God forbid I get a life* :tazz: