Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anti Virus Software

• Please log in to reply

Cutter

Cutter

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello people.....

I have kind of had it with Norton Anti Virus, and would really like to move to something else.

Just wondering, is there a clear-cut, heads and shoulders above the rest ANTI-VIRUS program out there?

Running google searches on it is almost a wate of time....It looks to me that a lot of companies are REVIEWING there own software, and say it's the best.

I run Zone Alarm as well as my router acting as a firewall, so I really don't think I want to go with one of the ALL IN ONE security suits...

I am in the process of setting up another machine, and want to be as secure as possible before I ever even expose it to the net, so any and all opinions are much appreciated!

Thanks in advance...
Cutter :tazz:

Advertisements

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Hi There do you use Ad-Aware SE if not use these

http://www.filehippo...earch?q=spyware

then choose 1 , 4

For antivirus choose anyone from these:

http://www.filehippo...rch?q=antivirus

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hiya

The problem with your question is that everyone has their own view as to what is best! That said though, here are a few suggestions

Free

AVG
Avast

Paid

Kaspersky
NOD32

UKBiker

Cutter

Cutter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hiya

The problem with your question is that everyone has their own view as to what is best! That said though, here are a few suggestions

Free

AVG
Avast

Paid

Kaspersky
NOD32

UKBiker

View Post

I appreciate the input...I knew that this question would bring different views from people, because folks have their own opinions of what is best or what are the better choices, and that is fine. In fact, that is what I am looking for.

Thanks again!
....Cutter

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hiya cutter

you also need to consider the spec of your system. Example, my test system is a low spec processor with 512 RAM, Kav really struggles so i use AVG, my main PC is very fast AMD64 with 2 meg RAM, kav runs OK .

Whatever you choose, the most important factor in defence is to keep everything updated. That is vital

UKBiker