Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MY CPU over heats!

• Please log in to reply

Siten0308

Siten0308

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hey,

Well i fixed the motherboard, but now for some reason, my P4 is above 50 degrees Celcius. which of course is not normal. my computer though i have to say is around 30 so its fine. i bought a new fan for it, it is about 2700 RPM, but when i go into BIOS and then choose PC health, it will say nothing about the fan, only the computer fan itself. Please help, i have tried putting the gell on the CPU then the fan, but that only cooled it a couple of degree's. is there a way to have the CPU run slower, it is a P4 3.06, is there a way to make it 3.02? also what CPU frequency should it be on? i have the CPU frequency on default, but i heard its better to know, what should i do?

thanks

Steve

P.S. the CPU is a P4 3.06 socket 478 on the motherboard of an MSI. it has a 500 Watt supply, with a ATI video card. could it be the fans? i just have maybe i would say 2 in there? does it need a big one? like a 16mm? the fans in there right now is 8mm.

Advertisements

Metal God

Metal God

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
mines at about 75 degrees Celsius, i dont think 50 is a problem at all, and plus the shutdown temperature usually is around 90 degrees Celsius

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Try Add More Cooling To Your System and see if it makes a Difference go on google and type in Akasa Exhaust Blower thats a good Cooling System :tazz:

Siten0308

Siten0308

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hey,

well if you think its ok, being at 50 of course, then why does my computer restart itself? everytime i try running a game or something that requires the cpu to run, it will after a few minutes turn itself off and restart... like i said it is a P4 3.06 socket 478, it has a power supply 500 watt, and a MSI motherboard... what should i do? also going back to the bios... my cpu frequency is set as default... should i set it to a different frequency? thanks again