Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

capside

• Please log in to reply

SirT

SirT

• Pip
  • 1 posts
was online had a screen pop up that was titled capside, msg was in spanish.
booted into safe mode and edited Auteexec.bat, win and system.ini to remove files associated with capside B
ran scandisk, then defrag, hung on defrag at 10%
not on boot, reports non system disk. Booting for start up disk running Fdisk reports no fixed drives
Bios (award) will not auto detect the drive, when entered maually, system still does not recognize C: or D: partition
did an debug to clear MSDos partitions, still will not detect this drive

any thoughts, did capside, (which I did not execute anything to load it) take my drive to lunch and its gone.

this all happened with only MIRC open and running

Thanks for the help, This geek is stumped

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Here's info from SARC and SOPHOS on this worm:
http://securityrespo...llw.caspid.html
http://www.sophos.co...32capsideb.html

It doesn't sound like it causes the damage you describe. <_<

Have you tried clearing your BIOS/CMOS?

How about booting from a bootable floppy and using the diagnostics from your hard drive mfg's website?

kimblehyde

kimblehyde

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
take the battery out for 5 min. then try to Fdisk and reformat it. If no luck get a new harddrive. Sounds like to me you edited something you should have left alone. But thats how we learn <_<