Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer shuts off

• Please log in to reply

jenntiff

jenntiff

• Pip
  • 5 posts
When I am working on my computer it just shuts off. Can someone please help me? It is a EMACHINE model W2040.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
at what point does it shut off? any error messages? any weird sounds? smells?

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go, we looking forward to helping you here but could repost this thread in the hardware forum, link below, as I am sure that the are others members who would wish to follow this subject matter.

http://www.geekstogo...p?act=SF&s=&f=9

jenntiff

jenntiff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

at what point does it shut off? any error messages? any weird sounds? smells?

View Post

It shuts off when I was just going into "my computer". I was just about to do something and it shuts off. There was no sounds or Error messages or smells. It just go to a black screen. I can still hear the fan going by that is to the power supply. But the Fan on the CPU stop.

Edited by jenntiff, 08 September 2005 - 09:55 AM.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Sounds to me like a Graphic problem seems like your computer hasnt got enough memory or graphic to play with it.

How much memory and graphics have you got may I ask ?

jenntiff

jenntiff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Sounds to me like a Graphic problem seems like your computer hasnt got enough memory or graphic to play with it.

How much memory and graphics have you got may I ask ?

View Post

It is an on board Video. The Memory 128mb.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

In safe mode:

Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART

Now reboot. This will result in the BSOD error...report the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
my pc used to do that a while back!

when i used up a lot of memory

jenntiff

jenntiff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.
In safe mode:

Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART

Now reboot. This will result in the BSOD error...report the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

View Post

I did not get any error.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what about the event viewer stuff?

jenntiff

jenntiff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Error

Volume shadow Copy Service error: Unexpectecled error calling routine CoCreatelnstance. hr=0x80040206

Error

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043C from line 44 of d:\nt\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventstemobj.copp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

Edited by jenntiff, 08 September 2005 - 10:46 AM.