Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Winfixer popups

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

idget2301

idget2301

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
My dad was the one who bought the computer and he didn't know to make sure we got the CD. When my computer had problems awhile ago we tried to get a CD from them and they didn't have it. The guy who fixed it got around that somehow, I'll have to get ahold of him and find out what he used.

Advertisements

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Please get back to me after being in touch with him.

Thanks,

Trevuren

idget2301

idget2301

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I'll track him down tomorrow, so expect a post tomorrow afternoon. Thanks again for all your help... dealing with computer retarded people like me all the time must get annoying haha.

idget2301

idget2301

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Ok so I don't have access to a windows cd...

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
I don't know if I can help you. I'll have to do a lot of research to try and fins another method.

In the mean time, would you please do the following:

*Please go http://www.howtotell.com ]here[/URL] (Microsoft website) using Internet Explorer ( not Firefox or any other browser as they won't work)
*Click on "Windows Validation Assistant"
*Click on the "Validate Now" button.
*Be patient while the ActiveX loads, do not click on any links.
*Read the instructions on this page while it's loading. You will be prompted to install - click YES.
*Enter your product key then click "continue"
*When it says "Validation Complete" please click "Continue to return to your previous activity"
*Copy what it says and paste it here

Thanks,

Trevuren