Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please HELP! Windows XP has gone mad!

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ok...trying to get myself caught up with this...

Your machine is now running...correct?

Are you able to access the internet through Your connection or are you still on the wireless?

Advertisements

MizzLi

MizzLi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

MizzLi...
That would be my guess... :)

Is there an error code associated with the Installer Log error?  If so what is it?

wannabe1

View Post

Hmmm but all I did was re-enable the services that were diabled. :tazz:

Ummm there isn't an error code unfortunately, I was trying to uninstall my old version of ad-aware so I can update it with the newer version...

Everything apart from that seems fine now (for now... :) ). Thank you very much for your help, its very much appreciated! I feel I know my laptop a lot better now for future troubles to come! :)

Edited by MizzLi, 19 September 2005 - 11:06 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Glad to help, MizzLi... :tazz:

wannabe1

MizzLi

MizzLi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Ok...trying to get myself caught up with this...

Your machine is now running...correct?

Are you able to access the internet through Your connection or are you still on the wireless?

View Post

Sorry I didn't see this post. Yes my internet connection is running, it turned out that my Remote Access Connection Manager had been disabled so I reenabled it and I can connect back onto the net now!

Thanks again! :tazz: