Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GeekU admittance(old)

• Please log in to reply

zabu61

zabu61

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Now why would I want to help?

Let's see, people know I am an IT industry expert; people ask me for help all the time; MOST IMPORTANTLY - I do run into stuff that the basic tools (adaware and spybot, for example) just cannot handle without more advanced tools.

I have been in IT for over 18 years. I have worked with every DOS and Windows OS as well as some Linux and Mac; mainframes, yep I've wrked with em minis too (IBM, DEC PDP et al.)

My expertise is networking and my current incentive to be a registered Geek <grin> is the increasing amount of Malware that I am seeing and the general helplessness of the populace at large. I have seen how this site helps and I want IN!

--Gabe Feder
aka ZABU

Advertisements

Malithius

Malithius

• Pip
  • 6 posts
People are always asking me for help with their computer (something about me being young and addicted to the things) I thought I should at least know what I'm doing when I go at it. :tazz:

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
I would like to help :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Welcome to GeekU to the following:

Malithius
zabu61
xeerex
Lost_Soul
Bcoldwater
Dan G

Great to have you all! Looking forward to fighting the good fight together! :tazz:

LoStMaTt

LoStMaTt

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello there everyone. I have been dancing around these forums for a few days now and I have become very impressed with the community. Help is almost instantaneous.

I have come here to learn new things but mostly to share what I already know. I am currently employed at a local computer store in Roanoke, Virginia called Cyberline Computers. We are a Dell Authorized Reseller and have a fully loaded computer repair center and network department. I have been employed at Cyberline for about 9 months now and prior to that I did work on the side for friends and family via word of mouth. Enough history, now with the good stuff.

Programs I consider myself advanced in :
Regedit (Manual editing)
Service Configuration
HiJackThis
Spybot, Ad-Aware, MS AS Beta, etc

I go pretty deep into hardware related issues as well. Drivers are an area of my expertise. Working with much older systems which are not supported by their native manufacturers usually leaves me hunting through DriverGuide for a short while to find the right file.

I have pretty much expelled all I can think of at the moment and am open to being interviewed/questioned.

Thanks,
LoStMaTt
Matt P.

b_man

b_man

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i would like to help and learn. i have learned a lot just by reading you forum i suport about 50 desktops and 8 servers from unix to 2k3 so this will help me as well as help you i am a+ certified working on my mcse
thanks for the opportunity to learn and help :tazz:

Shootinirons

Shootinirons

• Pip
  • 5 posts
OK.. Im in if you will have me. I realllllly dont like the people that make spyware, malware and all that stuff that wears on me when Im trying to work or play on my computer. ;)

Thanks. :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Welcome LoStMaTt, b_man and Shootinirons! :tazz:

Casserella

Casserella

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm interested in learning more about spyware removal and to help others who are in need of help.

I assist mIRC users on the AUStnet server with mIRC related viruses, webspam, browser hijacks, email viruses and all virus related questions.

My knowledge is limited, hence my interest in learning and assisting with geeks to go!

Thanks
Cassandra

Shootinirons

Shootinirons

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Ty for the welcome. Im not as experienced as LoStMaTt and b_man but I have been around alot. Currently running win98 and winxp pro plus Various exploits that will help me understand this.

Thanks again.

Advertisements

pontifex

pontifex

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Heya- I'd like to sign on to help people get out of the malware jams.

Experience:
6 years as a small network administrator on win2k boxes 50 node network).
4 years home/small business computer fixin' (upgrades, repair, virus removal, etc.)
Currently IT manager for a slew of local cell phone stores.
Freelance web design
Freelance network architecture
CCNA, TIASecure, and Secure+ certs ( not much action on them though)
etc....

I have a fair amount of experience with spyware & co. mainly from personal use, I will need some training as I usually end up taking a roundabout way to fixing things. Let me know, I'd love to help!

Ben

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Welcome Casserella and pontifex!!

Shootinirons....you are very welcome! Good to have you!

noobtech

noobtech

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
im a computer technition at a local computer repair place and i would like to help others and expand my knowledge.

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I'm new here But I'd like to give it a try. If I find it takes too much time (I do have to works and stuff ya know) I might reconsider but I'd prob like it and prob learn something worthwhile in the process. :tazz:

Gunghorj

Gunghorj

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have been doing repairs and software fixes for over 30 years, I would like to help in the fight aganst unscrupelous advertisers who let you uninstall their software then hide the start up file so it returns to yoursytem. i also would like to hlearn more about gaming and punkbusters, and see that games are safe and fre of scumbags, an unwanted attachments.