Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tried to add ram, but get no video

• Please log in to reply

krob

krob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
not all of the were directly listed. Here is what was though

Internal Frequency 1250 MHz (100 x 12.5)
external clock 166 MHz
Multipler factor 12.5
CPU FSB/DRAM ratio set to auto
The bios also says the cpu is a athlon 2600+

The other problem that has risen is that I cannot save any changes to the CMOS. I have flashed the bios to the newest version. Also, to refresh, I have DDR 400 ram. Still, the BIOS says (after loading XP and restarting) that the CPU is unworkable or has been changed, is there any way to make the BIOS think it is the orginal CPU?

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

I've lost track now of exactly which ram modules you have installed.
How many modules are there installed and can you confirm for me that they are all DDR400?

Basically, looking at the values reported for the FSB & multiplier settings, the external clock & multiplier appear to be correct for the CPU (166 x 12.5 = 2.1GHz which is about right for an athlon 2600+).

Try changing the CPU/FSB Dram ratio to SPD and see if that makes any difference. If not, alter the CPU Interface setting to Enabled & let me know if any of the settings you stated in your last post have changed.

krob

krob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I got it to work. Have 2 sticks, identical RAM. It only likes the 2nd and 3rd slots to work. If the other one was used, then the cmos would not save any changes and kept the processor as 1.25 ghz. I had tried these slots before, must have done something wrong then, but it works now. Thank you for all your help, Samm

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're very welcome and I'm glad you've got it to work properly now :tazz: