Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just me thinking that my computer is....

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Ok, by now you know me for over refleaction, useless reasoning, etc., so you won't be at all surprissed by my poising the idea that computers and mibilephones for a lot of people, well at least from those I see in the shop, are being placed mentaly as "household pet" with all the emotional interreation and care that one sees with someone attatched to living creature, and if this is so the other two questions that spring to mind of wheather they also see it as an "extention of home"(as in car space) or as "an expression of self"(as in fashion). So here I am looking at this screen with a box comp underneath thinking maybe I am looking at this all wrong, why not see if someone here hasn't a better way of explainng this interreation then, worth a try I thought so here is my post.then.

1) the computer is becoming a pet.
2) the computer is an extention of home.
3) the computer is becoming an expression of self.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
in the respect that it has lead me to believe that i have it "trained" to do what i wan't but that i really have no control over what it decides to do (I.E...pee on my carpet or eat my homework) i would say the computer is a pet

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
The pet instinck goes deeper than that, to test the it then, ask yourself could you leave your comp for a week using only the office one, could you sell your comuter for another with ease, where now are you old computers.

For me it is a lot easier to look at the women in the shop who used to have a little dog and now have ibooks that open up to a screen of a dog's picture, and I agree Ibooks are a lot more housetrained I believe that PCs, but look how we groom them too.

Edited by fleamailman, 26 September 2005 - 10:03 AM.