Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

validate my windows xp pro

• Please log in to reply

trucker

trucker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
ok good news i got my copy of windows xp pro to do all there updates, not very easy but they work now! it took a few hours working with them and a few downloads. we had to disable the old key i think :tazz: and download a KeyupdateTool. the tool scans your files to find any probs, and it did i put this in the run box.....{regsvr32 licwmi.dll},,,,,,,, and this one too.......{regsvr32 licdll.dll} after that I could get the update tool to work it took my new key,

somewhere along the way we took out that progarm that makes you try to valadate.

so when i try to download a update that needs to be i have to go to the website there they have a 2nd option to get to the file click on it and i get a code to put into the box and download my files..... this had tobe done so when service pack 3 gets here i can download it. well thats it not the easist but it works :)

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
trucker... :tazz:

Thank you for posting back with your resolution. We can all learn from your experience...I know I did.

wannabe1