Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help with info about winfixer 2005

• Please log in to reply

GreyFoxSolid

GreyFoxSolid

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi sorry for being a newbie but i really need some help to put my mind at ease. The other day while searching the web for info on a song i heard and wanted to find out who sung it i got hit with a pop up telling me that there could be errors in my registry or at least something along those lines i tried to close the box down using the X in the top right corner but it didnt like that and tried to give me a free complimentory scan of the system i tried to close that and all the windows it braught up, but they didnt take no for an answer and it tried again but i closed it again. I saw that it was trying to scan my registery but im sure it didnt finish. After that i tryied googling Winfixer 2005 and found that apart from a link to the website every other result refered to removing it as though it was spyware or adware. I ran a full system scan with norton Internet security and it found nothing but after reading a few post on here and other forums and seeing that others have used norton and have had problems from this im a little worried that there maybe somthing left on the system. Please can anyone help im not too good with the registery so any info on what winfixer is ment to be and do would be very much appreciated as well as help as to whether it may be on my system now. Also i have not had any other pop ups since that one time and i noticed that others have repeated problems when starting internet explorer.

Thanks for any help and info in advance.

Advertisements