Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No firewall over two weeks,lots of maleware!

• Please log in to reply

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
http://isg.ee.ethz.c...et/skel.en.html this talks in general about managing you profile accounts.
ALL my phone numbers are in an applet that gives me this error after trying to install it. It says;

16 BIT SUBSYSTEM\
C:\DOCUM~1\ADMINI~1.001\LOCALS~\TEMP\. A temporary file needed for intialization could
not be created or could not be written to. Make sure that the directory exists,and disk
space is available.
When I get a new profile will all my important data be lost. My music library is on the C drive as well as everything else
classy

Advertisements

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Hi loophole,
I just logged to another user, then I clicked on XP Fix It
trying to install my 16 bit index cardfile but instead it said,
:" it could not replace the visualTour files because autoexec.nt bak was closed!
Access denied!
Please help me locate the answer to this problem,
Classy

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Anything on your C: drive should not be gone I will try to reply tomorrow after researching this a little more

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
The persons problem MS Antispyware popped up a hosts file change.
This this first site I tried, It helped a few yrs ago, but not now Each time I clicked to the installed XP FIT IT, each time I clicked on ZP FIX IT...IT SAID............VissualTour files can not be installed because atoexec.nt.bak was BLOCKED. I deleted BAK
CONFIG.NT.DAT was BLOCKED....I deleted the BAK FIL.ES
Command.cnd.(BAK) I gave up on thinking that deleting the Bak files which said it was blocking files to be intalled.
... http://www.visualtou...oads/xp_fix.exe :

16 bit MS DOS Subsystem Error Quick Fix description Download
If you try to start or install an MS-DOS-based or a 16-bit Windows-based program on your Windows XP-based computer, you may receive an error message that is similar to one of the following:

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem path to the program that you are trying to start or install C:WinntSystem32config.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem path to the program that you are trying to start or install config.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem path to the program that you are trying to start or install C:WindowsSystem32Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

CAUSE:
This issue may occur if one or more of the following files are missing or damaged:
· Config.nt
· Autoexec.nt
· Command.comttp://www.visualtour.com/downloads/default.asp

In ANOTHER site when I tried to download thier Program both attemps to download failed, And my (WINDOWS INSTALLER) keeps poping up every 5 miunutes.
http://www.softpedia...Quick-Fix.shtml

If you try to start or install an MS-DOS-based or a 16-bit Windows-based program on your Windows XP-based computer, you may receive an error message that is similar to one of the following:

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem path to the program that you are trying to start or install C:WinntSystem32config.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem path to the program that you are trying to start or install config.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem path to the program that you are trying to start or install C:WindowsSystem32Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

CAUSE:
This issue may occur if one or more of the following files are missing or damaged:
· Config.nt
· Autoexec.nt
· Command.com

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Im wonder what you think of this site. Right now Im tired and its too technical to follow.
See you soon.

http://www.oldmp.com...ervicepack2.htm

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Hi Loophole,
I added another "user" I copied my fav and my desktop to this new user.
I cant figure out why firefox starts like new everytime I login? All my links and fav that Ive saved are gone, why?
Can you help me with downloading a new windows installer? It pops up when I log on and doesn't seem to
complete downloads any more.
I was reccommended that I download from my desktop. Im not sure how to reinstall windows from my desktop. Can you please instruct me?
Classy

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
does this happen with Internet explorer?

I was reccommended that I download from my desktop. Im not sure how to reinstall windows from my desktop. Can you please instruct me?

Not sure what you mean. You can download to your desktop but not from it. Are you wanting to reinstall the windows operating system. Please clarify for me and i'll see what I can do.

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Windows Installer pop ups all the time and when it does my writing stops because windows installer seems to be trying to download something but nothing. The only way I have learned to fix problems like this one is to reinstall. I had problems with installing before this why it was suggested to install from my desktop.
Im not sure if it downloads from explorer. And why do you ask?
Classy

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
I'm Sorry I meant the problem with your losing your favorites...does that happen with Internet explorer.
Do you have your xp cd?

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
My Explorer has all its favorites. The CDs I have are only Restore disks.
Classy

Advertisements

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Classy I apologize for the late reply. I cant get a handle on your problem or why this is happening. I haven't came across this before. I don't think this is malware related. If you want you can post a new topic in the XP forum with exact error messages. I will leave this thread open if you have any further questions just ask :tazz: