Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

file sharing question

• Please log in to reply

steven bruton

steven bruton

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hey,

I am running windows xp on a dell 4550 desktop and I would like to know how to use limewire the file sharing program without taking down my norton firewall. I cant figure out how to configure this and by downloading without a firewall before, I let in spyware so I would really appreciate any ideas from anybody.

cheers,

Steveo.

Advertisements

RaaF

RaaF

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Read this thread in the Limewire forums.
http://www.gnutellaf...&threadid=30505

steven bruton

steven bruton

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I neglected to mention that it is norton security 2004 I am running. It is 2005 that is discussed on the forum u have a link to. There seems to be far less options in 2004 and the options aren't clear to me.

cheers for the reply anyway.

RaaF

RaaF

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I don't use any Norton,
But the Idea is to look for a programme tab and give Limewire full access.
Isn't there any help on the norton site ?
Why don't you use a easier to understand programme like ZoneAlarm ?
That pops up a screen if a programme want to connect and then you decide to give access or not.

steven bruton

steven bruton

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have given limewire access to the internet in the options in norton and I dont understand why it wont work. And I am using norton because I spent €70 on it and dont feel like paying for another firewall.