Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TCP/IP question

• Please log in to reply

dfb500

dfb500

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hello, I work with an application in the Healthcare Industry that acts as a HUB for all of the different transactions generated by the Hospital. The app establishes TCP/IP protocol connections with various applications and all of the TCP/IP rules are handled under the covers. I am connecting to one homegrown Windows app that is having problems recognizing when my app shuts down the TCP/IP connection. Usually when this happens the other app release there port and indicates the connection is shutdown. This app I am working with will not acknowledge the shutdown and therefore my app cannot reconnect because the port is still busy. The questions, what usually would be sent out when I shutdown the connection? is this a sighup or something else? Would this be a standard TCP/IP signal that is sent? My application sits on AIX and like I said this stuff just happens, it is not documented to that level what ocurrs on the tcp/ip level. My guess is the other guy doesn't know much about TCP/IP and hasn't coded properly. (Not that I know anything better)

Thanks

Advertisements