Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

call of duty 2: video driver and alpha blending

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You might try reinstalling the .net framework 1.1.

Advertisements

Scottibear

Scottibear

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Dont forget to INSTALL SP2[color=#FF0000] and then re-install your video drivers. I notice that some of you dont have SP2 listed in your specs on the left under your names. Thats what fixed it for me.

retiredbinkie

retiredbinkie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
heh, never heard of a .net framework, but i have sp2 installed.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well google it go to the MS site, apparently there is a .net framework 2 now, 1.1 reinstallation fixes alot of bugs with the catalyst drivers, i assume 2 will as well.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts

Well google it go to the MS site, apparently there is a .net framework 2 now, 1.1 reinstallation fixes alot of bugs with the catalyst drivers, i assume 2 will as well.

I've seen on a few forums that .NET 2.0 messes up the system.dll file that DirectX 9 uses. So I think it would be better to just use .NET 1.1 for now.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah i asked starjax that question in the staff forum,because as well all know drivers dont conform to the normal software rules.

I cant say i have had any bother since i updated to 2.0 the other day, i would say its worth a try it wont do anything irreprable the worst that will happen is you have to reinstall the old 1.1 and dX9 which we would tell you to do anyway.

Edited by warriorscot, 07 December 2005 - 05:28 AM.

retiredbinkie

retiredbinkie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Blah. I tried it everything: installed the gart thing, .net framework 1.1, re-installed dX, used the driver cleaner, downloaded the latest driver from ati.com, installed it ... no difference. When I got that uninstalled, I tried a cd-rom that I got from a friend with radeon 9600 pro. With that driver it worked, although during installation there was an error: something like install.msi from the windows dir could not be read. Reboot: it said that the Ati Control Panel could not be run because there is no ati card. So I again had to install the old drivers from my original cd.

The only thing I didn't try yet is updating the motherboard firmware. But this sucks hard and I think I'll call the firm I bought this pc and ask why my system doesn't like the new gfx drivers. And maybe they'll fix it for free, though the warranty has expired.

john ta

john ta

• Pip
  • 1 posts
im having the same problem and i think i mite try the pci slot solution that was posted earlier but im not sure about my pc it is a emachines t5026, pentium ht, 3.07 ghz processor, 512 ram, and directx9. do any of you guys have a solution?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts

im having the same problem and i think i mite try the pci slot solution that was posted earlier but im not sure about my pc it is a emachines t5026, pentium ht, 3.07 ghz processor, 512 ram, and directx9. do any of you guys have a solution?

John,
Unfortunately emachines opted not to include pci express to upgrade the video slot. Your options are very limited at this point.

toast23

toast23

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I get a similar message as the very first post: "Video card or driver doesn't support dynamic textures." Also very frustrated and stoked to play the game. But I'm on a 4-year-old Dell Dimension 2100:

1.1 GHz Celeron
256 MB RAM
Direct X 9.0c
Intel® 82810 Graphics Controller
Creative Sound Blaster PCI
Drive: C:
Free Space: 61.2 GB
Total Space: 76.3 GB

Do I need to spend $2,000 to get a new computer to play this game? Thanks.

- Toast

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You dont need to spend 2000 but you need to spend a bit to get a decent new PC(probably around 1000 if you want quite a good one).

hendrixfan143

hendrixfan143

• Pip
  • 3 posts
will a ati radeon 9550 fix the alpha blending problem.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
MAKE NEW THREADS FOR YOUR PROBLEMS WE CANT KEEP TRACK OF PEOPLE IN A 12 PAGE THREAD.

hendrixfan it depends on your PC to start with, it would fix the alpha blending but it wouldnt be very good to play it on and that would also depend on the rest of the hardware.

toast23

toast23

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Warriorscott, how do I get it uninstalled now that I can't use it on my ancient Dell? CtD2 doesn't show up on add/remove programs, but it's icon is everywhere. Taunting me.

Sorry for the 12 page thread, but thought we were supposed to look for related topics and not start a new one.

Thanks.

- Toast

guderian

guderian

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Found this forum last night. WOW! great info. re: supported Graphic boards for CoD2, will a GeForce MX4000 work?. I couldn't quite tell from the listed of supported boards??
Thanks