Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU always at 40%

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

siachori

siachori

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Helo!

I start the sistem and I have always the CPU at 40%. System goes slow always ....
Any help?

Advertisements

2coolforu

2coolforu

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
hmm, i think we need a little more information here, system spec. maybe.....

Did you maybe check the BIOS and is this a new CPU or from the manufacterer.

2coolforu

2coolforu

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
hmm, i think we need a little more information here, system spec. maybe.....

Did you maybe check the BIOS and is this a new CPU or from the manufacterer.

siachori

siachori

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi!

I have Intel pentium 4 a 3GHz abd 1 GB RAM. All hard is asus.
I don't know waht to check in bios

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Just me, but you posted this in the "Windows Vista" forum. I think this should go into whatever Windows version you have or the hard drive forum.

You'd probably get more help if this was in the right section.

Edited by Comrade General, 15 November 2005 - 10:05 PM.

siachori

siachori

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have installed windows vista beta 1. Built 5112 ;-)))

toukon

toukon

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
ctrl+shft+esc and sort processes by CPU usage. System idle process should be at the top but if not, whatever it is, it's screwy. I've installed vista and mine worked OK with just 512MB RAM and a 2.4GHz proc. install was crawling, but...

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
get into msconfig and unselect some items that you dont ever use under the startup tab.

The ones like yahoo, msn ect you can uncheck and programs you dont want to load on startup.

Try not to diasable all.

Edited by jrm20, 07 December 2005 - 01:46 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Are you a member of the MS beta group, you should really be talking to MS about this they will be able to answer your questions better than us.

BabyTech

BabyTech

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Are you a member of the MS beta group, you should really be talking to MS about this they will be able to answer your questions better than us.

hehe, I think we both know the answer to that man. Vista beta testers were given explicit instructions on where to go with their queries of any kind...hence naming them beta testers....

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if any of you guys actually installed the REAL vista beta...then you wouldn't be here asking for help with it...as you would already know how to write most of the code inside of it...if you're talking about the vista transformation packages...well...then you're in the wrong forum because you just installed a skin for xp....if you did in fact install the REAL windows vista beta...but you're not in the beta testing program...then you stole it and any help you get would be against the TOS of the forum...

this thread is closed

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if any of you guys actually installed the REAL vista beta...then you wouldn't be here asking for help with it...as you would already know how to write most of the code inside of it...if you're talking about the vista transformation packages...well...then you're in the wrong forum because you just installed a skin for xp....if you did in fact install the REAL windows vista beta...but you're not in the beta testing program...then you stole it and any help you get would be against the TOS of the forum...

this thread is closed