Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Individual Cookies

• Please log in to reply

Blacklion213

Blacklion213

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
My friend is having a problem with a forum on another Web page. I had the same problem about a year ago and it was solved by deleting the forum cookie. I can not remember how to find let alone delete the cookie for that Web page. Can someone tell me where and how to read individual cookies on a Windows XP SP2, IE 6, machine?

Thank you.

Blacklion213

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
you just want to delete a single cookie, right?

IE cookies are easy to find. they're in C:\documents and settings\user name here\cookies

make sure you don't just click on the my documents link because that only takes you to the my documents folder, which is in the folder documents and settings.

the individual files are named [email protected]

if there's lots of them you might want to do a search based upon the domain name of the forum but most of the time this isn't needed.

Blacklion213

Blacklion213

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Worked as advertised..... Thank you for your help.

Blacklion213