Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pls help an ipod video dummy

• Please log in to reply

jeks

jeks

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi! I need help w/ my ipod video. Like many of those who posted before I can't seem to upload or even transfer video files in my itunes. I have to admit I'm not well versed in alot of this high-tech stuff but I've had an ipod mini before and could navigate thru my itunes easily but when i installed the cd to upgrade to itunes 6 my nightmare began. First, it wouldnt install there was error... but have finally figured that out now my problem is I can't upload video and don't even know how to upload photos. I've tried the tutorials either i'm a real idiot or there's something wrong w/ the program. (i'm hoping it's the latter)

Tutorials told me to go to QUicktime to convert my videos for itunes but i try opening my quicktime and it says error108 unknown error... any ideas how i can start fixing this?

Help! Thankyou.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does QuickTime play anything

jeks

jeks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Keith!

I've already figured out the photo part (not hopeless afterall) but still stumped with the video. My quicktime doesnt run, whenever I try to open it a message that an error ocurred pops out.

WHatever video files I have should be converted to quicktime in order for itunes to recognize?

angryamerican

angryamerican

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
when importing into itunes, your videos must be in .mp4 format...

you can get a free, and im my opinion, the best free ipod video converter from www.videora.com

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try it

http://www.videora.c...Converter/iPod/

Set a system restore point first